If you want to be a successful Internet marketer, you need to be creative. But in order to be creative, you need to first believe that you are creative. If you tell yourself that you are not creative, then you won’t be because you’ve convinced yourself that you don’t “have a creative bone in your body”. But training yourself to be creative is no different from training yourself to do anything.
You need to learn techniques that will help you develop creative thoughts and then you need to practice these techniques. At the same time, you must keep your mind open to numerous ideas even if some of them seem ridiculous.
So how do you train your mind to be creative?
1. You need to listen instead of just hearing – Listening and hearing are two different things. Listening is when you pay attention to what is being said instead of just hearing words. It is important to listen to your customers and prospects in order to create products they want and will therefore purchase.
2. Brainstorming – Brainstorming is a great way to generate creative ideas. To brainstorm, get a piece of paper and write down whatever comes to mind. If nothing pops into your brain, write that down too. Keep writing down every thought you have no matter what it is. Then go back and expand on each thought. If you do this for thirty minutes every day, you will find that your creative juices flow easier over time.
3. Join a mastermind group – One reason to join a mastermind group is so that you can bounce ideas off one another which will create even more ideas.
4. Replace the negative with a positive – Whenever you want to do something but you think you can’t, write down what you think you can’t do. Then write down three or more reasons why and how you can do it. Before long, your brain will be trained to think positively.
5. Always be prepared – Keep a pen and notepad with you at all times. Whenever an idea pops into your mind, write it down.
6. Constantly learn about new things – You mind will naturally think about new things you learn which may trigger creative thoughts. So the more things you learn about, the more creative you will become.
7. Analyze your competition – Look at what your competition is doing. You may get an idea on how to improve on what it is they are doing differently than you.
8. Evaluate yourself – Write down all of your weaknesses. Then write down how you can overcome them.
9. Always ask questions – When you are not in a creative state of mind, look at the problem and ask questions in order to solve it. You may want to ask yourself what you can change, what needs to be changed and why, how to change it, etc.
10. Exercise your brain – Exercise your brain by solving crossword puzzles, doing brain tease puzzles such as Sudoku puzzles, etc.
11. Exercise your body – If your mind is in a fog, go for a 15 minute walk. Your mind will clear and be open to new ideas.
The BEST Permalink Structure for WordPress
The best permalink structure for WordPress is not what you think. If your permalink structure isn’t set up properly, you can either lose the SEO benefits from your backlinks, or you can cause your blog to slow to a crawl. Here’s what you need to do – now.
Blogging for SEO: Does Authenticity Really Matter?
I joined a discussion on LinkedIn recently about Blogging for SEO. A member asked for feedback on his blog.
The discussion focused mostly on rankings and keyword density with little mention of building authenticity or rapport with blog visitors. I wondered if Blogging for SEO AND Authenticity really mattered.
What Is The Market Willing To Buy?
Before you go to the trouble of doing keyword research and starting writing, you need to know, “What is the market willing to buy?”
THREE TACTICS TO GUARANTEE YOU MAKE MONEY WITH YOUR BLOG
A quick look at three ways any blog can make money as fast as possible.