A business blog is an incredible online marketing tool that saves you thousands of dollars but provides great business opportunities in just one click. Blogs are user-friendly, customized and a flexible medium for disseminating useful information for effective positioning of your products in the market.
Companies engaging in business blogging have a definite edge over its competitors. Here are some advantages:
1) Word-of-Mouth. In a survey, there are currently 14 million blogs with 80,000 more being added each day and about 30 percent of the 50 million users are blog readers. Imagine how much gain your company will have, if your products are advertised through blogs. With Internet, information spreads so quickly especially if an impressive write-up goes with your product. Soon your blogs will be passed on to hundreds of possible customers.
2) Awareness and loyalty. Open communication with your customers creates trust and loyalty among them. Being there to respond to their questions and comments make them all the more willing to try your products and services.
3) Feedback. Blogs are good for product research and reviews. It would be easier to improve on your products if you observe your customers’ thinking and behavioral patterns. You can also take immediate action for any customer concerns.
4) Community halo-effect. Bloggers are reasonable, friendly and helpful. They are more than willing to create blogosphere of comments regarding your product. The only thing you have to do is embrace and take an active part in the culture and your product will surely be considered in their next stop to the supermarket.
For better marketing results, actively promote your business blogs by submitting your blogs to blog search sites and directories. Do not forget to paste the URL to your blog. Be sure that your blogs contain exclusive information with value and are always updated to keep readers popping in, reading your blog, moving on to the next post and coming back for new posts and updates.
A blog is like a setup booth in the biggest trade show on earth everyday. Marketing possibilities are just around the corner waiting to strike your sale scales up.
The Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds are important too in conjunction with your blogs to get the best benefits. Use effective keyword phrases to generate high ranking status in the search engine results page. In this way you have better chances of people finding your website leading to your blogs. More traffic means more potential sales.
For this to be successful, you can use RSS for news update feeds which can be read through RSS reader application. This is a very useful tool for business and internet marketers as well.
If you are already convinced about the potentials of business blogs for marketing and targeting sales increase, your company is now ready to start blogging. But first, you have to be in tune with your company’s business objectives and determine if blogging will really help you achieve your goal.
1. Several blogs are dedicated to teaching people the do’s and don’ts of blogging, READ them! Include in your reading materials blogs that are consumer-based too to give you an idea of what you should post.
2. Setup several test blogs right away.
If your initial try out with blogs worked well, you can now start setting up your blogs.
1. Study blog design. it is best to set up your blog on your own server. That way you can control everything.
2. Choose a topic. Its good to have a line-up of topics you want for your blogs but be sure they are in consonance with your business objectives. This would be a test of your flexibility and open-mindedness since results may be going against the set objectives.
3. remember the following safety measures in blogging:
– legal issues are sometimes involved in blogging; it is safer to include disclaimers and limitations of liabilities;
– create blogging policies; set limits on who gets to blog and what information is allowed to be made public;
– avoid an outright marketing blog or you chase away your readers;
– keep content updated, relevant and fresh;
– reinforce your company’s core values;
4. Start blogging and complete 20 posts before starting to market your products or services.
5. Begin marketing.
6. Regularly monitor the coming ins and outs of readers and get updates. Then, measure your results.
7. Adjust if needed. You can always play with your designs as long as the design match your company’s identity.
8. Strive to be consistent with your topic all the time.
9. Try to post unrelated topics with general and broad appeal. However, do stick within your chosen niche.
10. Schedule updates regularly. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday would be best to update blogs. Better yet, post something daily.
Once you have done all these things, you can now ultimately enjoy the benefits of business blogging.